Re: The end of RHL for private use? [was: Fedora vs. RHL]

Buck wrote:

I am not the target of your question, but it applies to me.

Why would someone NEED windows?  I guess it is for the same reason they
NEED Linux, it caters to the best product their company needs.

Buck

Yup, thats right. If there is software that you have to run and it is not available
as native linux software, oyu need an alternative. Wine has fit the bill for all the
windows apps I have needed, I just install the app from the CD and it works pretty
much the same as it would under windows. Even printing works now, the only thing
that doesn't seem to work is help, but who uses that anyway ;^)

By the way buck, RHL 9 is just as easy if not easier to install than XP. On a fresh
install now XP has to be restarted at least 5 times to apply all the updates, RHL 9
only needs one to start using the current kernel ;^)

We'll just have to see if Fedora will be too painful due to constant upgrading.

-----Original Message----- From: shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rodrigo Del C. Andrade Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 1:33 AM To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: The end of RHL for private use? [was: Fedora vs. RHL]

Whats is that, that makes you so dependent of winblows software?
And if it so dependable to the point of ditching linux (forgive me father), why not use an application server win winblows 2k and access what yuou absolute must with rdesktop or some scheme like that?

Vantroy