Re: RedHat, Fedora, and the Future of Life as We Know it

http://www.redhat.com/support/sla/na.html

http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/purchase/

> Where can I find a good linux vs. FreeBSD comparison
> for use as a server OS?
>
> Is there a recent article on Total Cost of ownership that
> takes the new Red Hat model into consideration?
> (Especially  compared  with MS)

Good luck on those last two.  Any comparision will be biased one way or
another, even if it is not intentional.  Besides, what good would it do
for your corp to bring in a bunch of FreeBSD machines if the admins only
know MS Windows.  Or all your admins know Linux, and you want to bring in
MS Windows machines.  That also throws out the whole TCO issue because of
the additional training.  Every situation is different, so the best thing
to do is take some time and evaluate these issues for your situation.
This should be easy to do since FreeBSD and Linux are free (as in beer).
And IIRC you can get 120-day trial software from Microsoft pretty cheap to
do your testing.
--
William Hooper