Re: RedHat, Fedora, and the Future of Life as We Know it

At 17:32 9/25/2003, you wrote:
If I have to pay for the software then send the $0.75 to whoever its supposed to go like Microsoft does!

What are you guys really that stupid, or is it you think that we are?

That's "whomever," and at this point, after reading this and other recent posts you've submitted, I'll take Option "B": I think you are.

1. You DON'T have to pay for the software, since the ISO images are freely available. That makes it impossible to comply with the license terms.

2. Microsoft charges EVERYBODY for just looking at Windows funny, which appears to be something you disapprove of, yet this is precisely what enables them to make that payment with your money, without it coming out of their own pocket.

3. You appear to be upset that Red Hat wants to charge money, yet this is precisely what would enable them to pay the fee and include MP3 support and whatnot.

4. You appear to favor other no-cost distributions and operating systems, yet there is no way anyone can pay programmers to code, and pay for license costs, THEN release the product for free. And Red Hat is a for-profit company... has been for years. <smile> Sorry to debunk your great big happy myth of getting everything in life for free. Community products can be zero-cost, and FreeBSD is a great example of a good-quality one, but I foresee the odds of FreeBSD taking over Red Hat's market share either on the desktop or in the datacenter as... well... just about zero. Gee, I wonder what good qualities Red Hat could possibly have...?

5. You appear not to have noticed that no one (I mean NO ONE) gives a damn whether you or I or Joe Schmoe switches to/from anything. You don't like Red Hat... fine, go somewhere else. The qmail lists would be a good home from what I've seen of your attitude.

Quit wasting your own time, and start reinstalling your boxen already. FreeBSD awaits, or Windows if you prefer. Be sure to run XP to get all the latest and greatest activation, nagware, and creative licensing practices while you're at it.

Red Hat really does have a problem... even the stupids used to be of better quality around here.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx