Re: date for release of redhat 10?

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 14:14, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 September 2003 12:58, Mike Burger wrote:
> > The Fedora project, while hosted by Red Hat, is not a Red Hat
> > distribution.
>
> No, but with the exception of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, there will not
> be any more Red Hat distributions.
>
> --
> Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
> http://geek.j2solutions.net
> Mondo DevTeam (http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/)
>
> Was I helpful?  Let others know:
>  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=jkeating

Just my two cents worth, but it seems to me Red Hat is following in the
footsteps of many of the other publishers of Linux distributions:
prostituting themselves by turning their backs on the home desktop and
small office end users (who were the main support for their fledgling
product in the early 90's) in favor of the broader enterprise market
with the big bucks to spend; they and their overpaid CFOs with no
accountability and no social conscience.

I really am fed up with getting hooked on a desktop distribution that
seems solid, and runs with a minimum of tweaking and tinkering, only to
find it will no longer be available as a desktop/home/small office
distribution (although it must be said that the tweaking and tinkering
is what got me hooked on Linux at the outset).

I am philosophically opposed to the dishonest business practices and
chicanery of Gates & Co., and I choose not to use Windows XP any longer,
even though Windows XP offers everything I need in a desktop OS, and
worked extremely well for me.

Red Hat Linux 9 offers everything I need in a desktop OS, (with only a
few insignificant exceptions) and works extremely well for me, but...
now you see it, now you don't?

This turn of events really pisses me off.

Apologies to all for the rant...

Glenn