Re: Anyone running a pure RawHide system?

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote :

> At 20:39 9/22/2003, you wrote:
> >Can anyone explain what's the difference with Rawhide?? Is it bleeding
> >edge stuff or....??
>
> Bleeding edge, in development, untested or only partially tested, not
> guaranteed in any way, no promises made, at-your-own risk software. The
> very latest and greatest, may work or not.

Your best chances with the 9 -> Rawhide move are using yum. You can just
download the Rawhide pre-configured yum package from :
http://ayo.freshrpms.net/
And run :
yum upgrade

Keep your fingers crossed, should work, but if anything breaks, you'll have
no one to blame and I can't even guarantee you'll get to keep all the
pieces ;-)

Worked for me (I've been running Rawhide updated daily since January) but
YMMV.

Matthias

 running Linux kernel 2.4.22-20.1.2024.2.36.nptl
Load : 0.08 0.12 0.12