Re: SATA problems

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 17:02, Mike Harris wrote:
> I just tried installing Severn, but no luck. I'm not sure
> how to use a different kernel, though. If I knew how to do
> this, I could install 9 though. Unfortunately I don't have
> access to a Linux box to compile, although I could use
> Knoppix.

FWIW, I just install RH 9 on a Dual Xeon Processor system.  The
motherboard is an Intel SE7505VB2.  I have one Western Digital 120GB
SATA drive with 8MB of cache.  The motherboard has an embedded Silicon
Image Si3112A controller.

RH 9 installed without trouble.  I skipped X configuration due to no
opensource support for my Nvidia card.

Also, both onboard NICs are working just fine in the SMP kernel.
Someone reported troubles with this on the list.  None in my case.

Do you know what SATA controller you have?

Ed

--
http://www.shorewall.net       Shorewall, for all your firewall needs