Re: Wireless PCI adapter

On Monday, Sep 22, Jesse Keating wrote:

I have a need for a Wireless adapter in a desktop box (PCI).  Does
anybody have any suggestions for the easiest way to fulfill this need?
it'll be going into a customer's machine, so it shouldn't involve
drivers that will have to be rebuild every time an errata kernel comes
out.

I've been looking at the Netgear MA311, as it supposedly uses a Prism
chip and is supported by wlan-ng.  Has anybody used this card with
RHL9?

I've got that same card. I've since moved the RHL9 machine it was in to a location accessible by wire, so it has been a month or two, but I never had any problems with it, and no custom kernel module building necessary. It is actually a Prism-II (er, 2.5, to be more specific) card, and definitely works with the orinoco_pci driver (the stock RH version of which is hacked to work with Prism-II cards; it doesn't have an orinoco chipset). The orinoco_pci driver is what I was using. I never tried wlan-ng, because I had no need, but I think either should work.

Oh, and this is NOT a multi-part message in MIME format. :)

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...