Re: No network on laptop

At 16:28 9/22/2003, you wrote:
No, I am not sure the 3c59x is the correct driver. That's what I had after installing Red Hat 9. I was hoping the installer knew more than I did. Any suggestions on how I find out what the correct driver should be?

One option is to run kudzu as root from the command line, and see if kudzu detects it. Remember to erase the lines related to 3c59x from /etc/modules.conf before you do, so that kudzu realizes this thing is not configured yet.

The other option I can think of is brute force: if you have the kernel-source package installed, find the modules directory and try them all. I don't remember where it is off-hand, but if you can't find it let me know. Issuing the command "locate 3c59x.o" should tell you where to find it, and then try "modprobe anything.o" for every file in that directory to see if it works.

Do remember to do some aggressive searching on Google to try to determine the right module to use for this card.

Others I'm sure will know better, or have other ideas to try.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx