Re: No network on laptop

At 16:03 9/17/2003, you wrote:
I've got Redhat 9 installed on my Dell Latitude CPi notebook. When it boots, I get the message:

3c59x device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

...and I get no network connection. According to the hardware profile in Win2K, my NIC is

FEM656-3Com 10-100 LAN+56K Modem CardBus PC Card (Fast Ethernet)

I assume I need to find and install a module for this NIC? Where do I look for info on how to do this?

The network starts before the pcmcia service, so your card has not been activated. However, usually when pcmcia starts then the card also starts... I've not had a problem with this for years. Try "service network restart" as root and see what happens.

Also, are you sure the 3c59x module is the correct one? Why did you select that one?

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx