Re: SV: date for release of redhat 10?

At 12:21 9/22/2003, you wrote:
See Havoc's post

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-September/msg00074.html

OK... RHL is no longer, and the consumer uses Fedora Core. I understand that, and I can see how the work that RH did on RHL is now going to be put into Fedora, so we don't suffer in that sense, and RH wins by reducing costs and focusing more on making some money, which is a good thing in that Linux needs a stronger commercial presence.

The ONLY thing that worries me is that, so far, RHEL pricing is WAAAAAAAY beyond the reach of SOHO and small business. Indeed, as an individual I pay for two RHN entitlements and I have arranged for corporations with which I work to pay for another five RHN entitlements. But neither I nor the corporations can go from $60/year to $300/year (or thereabouts) per server... we simply cannot afford it. Is Red Hat going to forgo those $420/year from me, or are they going to offer SOHO pricing?

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx