Re: sendmail question - second try

Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 11:36:54AM -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

If one has two machines A and B. Can anyone tell me a way to direct a
copy of the mailstream to A onto B?
--

I asked the question above before and got answers that indicated that
people did not understand the question. What I want is the mail stream

The only way I can think of to do this (different :-)) thing is to have a proxy program that sends the mail to both machines. You have a slight problem in implementing this as you have to somehow combine two responses for each request. For example, you send a RCPT TO: to each of A and B. What do you do when A says "250" and B says "450 Out of Disk Space" (or whatever)?

There is an easy way to do it for individual users: you just set an alias for a user "u" as "u: u@A, u@B" -- sendmail deals with the apparent looping OK. I can't help thinking that there ought to be a way of doing this with sendmail re-writing rules, but I can't think of a way of splitting a message off to two different mailers and my bat book is at home.

Someone is bound to come along and say there's an easier way to do this using PostFix or something :-)

jch