From: shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of M. Fioretti
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 9:41 AM
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OT] The right HW for the each SW server

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 19:42:01 at 07:42:01PM +0800, kent emia
(kent-cdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> is it really necessary to separate each servers? or can i box of linux

> handle this jobs?

Of course it can, but my question was explicitly "assume that I can
reserve one separate box to each service: in *that* case, how would I
choose the best hardware combination for each specific task?"

Look at it as an exercise, if you wish, and I was hoping to collect just
the kind of feedback Emanuel provided. Any other info/comment is
welcome!

TIA,

Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Non si vive se non il tempo che si ama.			C. A. Helvetius