Re: Is RH9 syslog broken???

That's not a "problem", per se...it's a potential security hole that's not
enabled.

If it were enabled, by default, and you weren't on a secured network,
what's to stop someone from trying to DoS your machine by flooding your
syslog port? <G>

I am glad you found your answer, though.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe