Adding Wireless Capability To Old Sony Notebook

After giving one of my kids a new notebook with Intel Centrino stuff powering it, I'm now hooked on wireless. However, the lucky recipient is at university now, so I don't have access to the Centrino machine.

I have an old, slow, snail-like Sony Vaio PCG-F350 notebook that I'd like to add wiress internet capability to. The catch is, it runs Red Hat 9 in text mode (Runlevel 3, and I guess I can try running startx.)

Question 1 -- what equipment do I need to gift the machine with wireless internet

Question 2 -- has anyone tried connecting to a T-Mobile Hotspot using a text browser like Lynx. (I want to test it at a Starbucks Coffee.)

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA