Latest iptables init scripts, and "rmmod"

Can anyone tell me whose bright idea it was to have the init script for
iptables attempt to remove the iptables modules when one runs a "service
iptables stop"?

So far, it's caused one of my systems to crash and reboot, and another to
lock up.

If it weren't for the fact that the output told me that it was trying to
"rmmod", I'd have nto known what to comment out of the init script.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe