Re: Burning ISO images

On Friday September 12, 2003 Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> He's not currently running a Linux system...he wants to burn the Red Hat
>  ISOs to disc, so as to install.

Whatever CD burner software is installed on a Windows box, one can usually
double-click on the ISO file using Windows Explorer to automatically start
it.

Where many folks shoot themselves in the foot is not telling the burner
software to run in "Disk At Once - DAO" mode rather than "Track At Once".
One thing many don't do is download a copy of md5sum.exe and check the
integrity of the ISO file *before* they start burning. Another is to burn
the CD-R/RW disk too fast. A 12X CD burner may not make a CD-R readable by
many slower CD drives.  I usually limit my burn speeds to 8X or less. (And
I much prefer cdrecord to EasyCD.)

If you start out with a known good copy of the ISO file and use your CD
burner software correctly, it really doesn't matter much if it's Nero,
EasyCD, or something else.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL