Re: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5...why me ?

Around about 10/09/2003 09:06, Philippe typed ...
My question is : my new customer installed RH9, up2date everything as
me, and used xsane or iscan WITHOUT any problem. After comparing our 2
servers, libraries and rpm, our systems looked identical ...

The problem with the latest iscan (last I looked, anyway) is it's not compatible with the new POSIX threading libraries. These can be disabled at boot-time, so maybe there's a difference there.

I had been running the newest icsan on the command line for a while, but not being able to directly import into gimp annoyed me so much I got the latest xsane plustek backend (necessary in order to not blow up some scanners!) and it works a treat, so I think I'll not be returning to iscan now.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature