RE: Doc Savage - Hawking 2-Port Analog Modem Router (was USB Modems)

 > Router (was USB Modems)

> Message: 9
 > Subject: Re: Doc Savage - Hawking 2-Port Analog Modem
> Router (was USB Modems)
 > From: Colburn <kd4e@xxxxxxxx>
 > To: > shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
 > Date: 10 Sep 2003 00:28:53 -0400

Dear Doc (KD4E): (two "Docs" and both are hams in this thread :-)  )

> I have an External Zoom modem here
> still in the box that lists Linux as a compatible OS. Bought it at
> BestBuy about a year ago, as I recall. When you get an answer to the
> Hawking device question I'd sure be interested as well! doc

So far, I have *not* had a reply, to the e-mail I sent to Hawking. (bad
sign, IMHO). However, I did find the Hawking PN8228 that Doc in IL
described, on the Page Computer web site (their Search tool did *not*
work for me, but I found it, by using tomshardware.bizrate.com as I
recall, after a search on Google for that item). I ordered the Hawking
PN8228 from Page Computer last night and their web site indicates it was
shipped today. Their real-time inventory said there were 16 more in one
of the warehouses they ship from. It was $67.20 + $7.54 to ship, via
Ground, to Texas. Here's the link to the Hawking PN8228 on Page
Computer:  http://www.pagecomputers.com/cgi-bin/page/S0100772.html

I will probably order a Zoom 3049 External Modem, to go with the Hawking
PN8228. All the modems I've purchased, since buying my first PC in March
1992, have been Zooms. They've all been Internal Modems, but the Hawking
box requires an Extenal Modem.

73,

Lanny
HK5MDT