Re: ftp with vsftpd

I am trying to protect against the guests seeing, or navigating to
directories other than their home directories. I wuod have liked them to
be able to follow symbolic links under their home directories. However,
vsftpd does not follow symlinks if I chroot them, using the
chroot_list_enable, so that they see their home directories as '/'. This
seems to mess up the symlinks since these are relative to the root
directory.

Using bind in fstab works very well, but it feels like abusing fstab.
The thing is I would like them to be able to see navigate to certain
directories, and not be able to go up the tree. i.e. I am just looking
for an easier way to give access to only certain folders using ftp. If I
could create virtual users then I would, but I can't do this either.