RAID1 Problem

In order to convert my machine from a 100% Linux box running software
RAID (RAID-1 on a total of two physical disks) to dual-boot Windows 2000
and Linux, with an added CD-RW drive, I had to:

1. Move connector IDE0 (primary master drive) to connector IDE4 on my
Gigabyte GA-8IHXP2 board (has 2 extra IDE connectors that were converted
from Promise RAID to ATA functionality)

2. Add a new drive to connector IDE0

3. Leave the Asus DVD-ROM drive on connector IDE1 alone, set up as
master

4. Add the CD-RW to the secondary (slave) connector on IDE1

5. Leave the second Linux disk, which is device /dev/hde1, alone on
connector IDE3.

So the drive device list is:

/dev/hda (Grub's hd0) -- boot drive, has Grub installed on master boot
record

/dev/hde (Grub's hd1) -- mirror drive

/dev/hdg (Grub's hd2) -- what used to be the Linux boot drive, /dev/hda

I then went into Rescue mode and made a mistake: I didn't check
carefully to see what disk rescue mode was mounting. I assumed
(stupidly, I guess) that it was mounting /dev/hdg. I was wrong, it
mounted /dev/hde.

Then I went right ahead and edited /etc/raidtab and /etc/fstab to
reflect the new devices.

I think I created a mess from all this; I made hde "dirty" but don't
know exactly what it means. Here is the relevent portions of dmesg:

md: raid1 personality registered as nr 3
Journalled Block Device driver loaded
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
 [events: 000001e8]
 [events: 00000205]
 [events: 000001e8]
 [events: 00000207]
md: autorun ...
md: considering hde1 ...
md:  adding hde1 ...
md:  adding hdg1 ...
md: created md0
md: bind<hdg1,1>
md: bind<hde1,2>
md: running: <hde1><hdg1>
md: hde1's event counter: 00000207
md: hdg1's event counter: 000001e8
md: superblock update time inconsistency -- using the most recent one
md: freshest: hde1
md: kicking non-fresh hdg1 from array!
md: unbind<hdg1,1>
md: export_rdev(hdg1)
md: RAID level 1 does not need chunksize! Continuing anyway.
md0: max total readahead window set to 124k
md0: 1 data-disks, max readahead per data-disk: 124k
raid1: device hde1 operational as mirror 1
raid1: md0, not all disks are operational -- trying to recover array
raid1: raid set md0 active with 1 out of 2 mirrors
md: updating md0 RAID superblock on device
md: hde1 [events: 00000208]<6>(write) hde1's sb offset: 409536
md: recovery thread got woken up ...
md0: no spare disk to reconstruct array! -- continuing in degraded mode
md: recovery thread finished ...
md: considering hde2 ...
md:  adding hde2 ...
md:  adding hdg2 ...
md: created md1
md: bind<hdg2,1>
md: bind<hde2,2>
md: running: <hde2><hdg2>
md: hde2's event counter: 00000205
md: hdg2's event counter: 000001e8
md: superblock update time inconsistency -- using the most recent one
md: freshest: hde2
md: kicking non-fresh hdg2 from array!
md: unbind<hdg2,1>
md: export_rdev(hdg2)
md: RAID level 1 does not need chunksize! Continuing anyway.
md1: max total readahead window set to 124k
md1: 1 data-disks, max readahead per data-disk: 124k
raid1: device hde2 operational as mirror 1
raid1: md1, not all disks are operational -- trying to recover array
raid1: raid set md1 active with 1 out of 2 mirrors
md: updating md1 RAID superblock on device
md: hde2 [events: 00000206]<6>(write) hde2's sb offset: 115756288
md: recovery thread got woken up ...
md1: no spare disk to reconstruct array! -- continuing in degraded mode
md0: no spare disk to reconstruct array! -- continuing in degraded mode
md: recovery thread finished ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
 [events: 000001e8]
 [events: 000001e8]
md: autorun ...
md: considering hdg2 ...
md:  adding hdg2 ...
md: md1 already running, cannot run hdg2
md: export_rdev(hdg2)
md: (hdg2 was pending)
md: considering hdg1 ...
md:  adding hdg1 ...
md: md0 already running, cannot run hdg1
md: export_rdev(hdg1)
md: (hdg1 was pending)
md: ... autorun DONE.

How do I fix this problem?