Re: RealPlayer 8.0 + Mozilla 1.2.1 +Shrike

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Lanny Marcus wrote:

> RealPlayer 8.0 was working fine with Mozilla, in Psyche, but it is not
> working in Shrike, on my box, which was Upgraded from Psyche to Shrike;
> or on my wife's box, which was a Clean install, on a new hard drive.
>
> The file I downloaded and installed from real.com was
> rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm
>
> In Mozilla, Help, about PlugIns, it shows rpnp.so "RealPlayer Plugin
> Meta file",  Enabled=Yes
>
> If someone has this working properly and can tell this Newbie what I
> need to do, to get it working properly, it will be greatly appreciated!
>   TIA,  Lanny

I'm sure you'll find plenty of info about this subject in the
archives. The short summary is: you'll need the env variable
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL set to 2.4.1 for realplayer to work..

I have the following script as /usr/X11R6/bin/realplay - and this
works directly - and as a plugin.

[asterix]: cat /usr/X11R6/bin/realplay
#!/bin/sh
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
exec /usr/lib/RealPlayer8/realplay $*
[asterix]:

You might also have to modify paths in /etc/mailcap from
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/realplay to /usr/X11R6/bin/realplay

Satish