Re: can't get rid of the 'test page'

Rigoberto de la Cruz wrote:
On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:54:00PM -0500, Mike Burger wrote:

The test page is usually located at /var/www/html/index.html.

Also, if you try to change the document root, you have to make sure that you restart the httpd daemon.

Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Thanks man, but that wasn't the problem. I did restart the httpd after doing the
configurations. It seems that the problem was that in the virutalhost (the one
found in ssl.conf) did not have a DirectoryIndex directive. So, I just added one. Now my question is.. Is this new directive going to bring any security problems? I don't think it will. My directive by the way looks like this:

DirectoryIndex index.shtml

That's not a new directive. On my RH7.1 system, I've got:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml index.php index.php4 index.php3 index.cgi

You shouldn't need it in the VirtualHost section, though...that can be set globally.

In any event, you should have already had a DirectoryIndex directive somewhere in your httpd.conf file, which would have contained, at the very least, index.htm and index.html as parameters.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe