From: Matt_Domsch@xxxxxxxx [mailto:Matt_Domsch@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 8:55 PM
To: S, Ganesh
Cc: Linux-PowerEdge@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PERC 2/SC RAID DRIVER FOR RED HAT LINUX 9.0

> I am looking for the above PERC driver to install on Dell Power Edge > 2300 Server. Can you pls let me know the link from where, I can > download the drivers

Red Hat Linux 9 already includes a megaraid driver which works quite well on
that controller.  You likely need to update your PERC2/SC firmware to v3.13
for it to work though.  Firmware is available on support.dell.com.

Thanks,
Matt

Tommy McNeely wrote:

Hello,

I was trying to install Red Hat 9 on an old Dell PowerEdge 2300 ... It has a AMI Megaraid (called PERC2/SC) oem'd by dell ... RH9 cannot seem to detect the logical disk during install. The link below seems to indicate that it worked in 1999 (probably about the right era for this machine) .. was that something that was removed from the Red Hat 9 boot CD? Dell's site lists "utilities" for Red Hat 7.2, but I am thinking I dont need utilities.. I just need kernel mods??? Anyways.. any help would be apprecieated

http://boudicca.tux.org/mhonarc/ma-linux/1999-mhonarc/1999-Nov/msg00623.html

Thanks,
Tommy

-- Tommy McNeely -- Tommy.McNeely@xxxxxxx Sun Microsystems -- IT CTO Phone/Fax: x51837 / 303-395-3361