Re: strange partition names

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 20:57, David Rekowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with my disk partitions:
[snip]
> My attemp was to move the root and boot partitions to different
> partitions (root was getting to small). So I created 2 new partitions
> with 3.4G for root and 100M for boot:
[snip]

It looks like you're on the right track.  Have you added the new
partitions to /etc/fstab?  Then, if you're sure its all copied and set
up ok, a reboot will probably be the easiest way to mount and umount
whats necessary.  Since you have new partitions for root and boot, you
should now be up and running.  Remember that /etc/fstab may use labels
to mount filesystems, so you need to change the labels as well, or
change fstab to just look for devices, otherwise you'll get your old /
and /boot back again!

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>