RE: Software KVM for RH9

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 12:21, Dan G wrote:
> The software is for Keyboard-mouse control and called Synergy.
> http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

Thank you, synergy is exactly the program I remembered but couldn't
find.

As for the other comments:

Remote X session on tty8: The problem is that this would not be
stateless, I need the gui on the server PC to remain when the
workstation gets rebooted which is quite often for several reasons.

VNC: Meets the stateless needs except I have found it to be  a little
slow, not always stable and not fully supported by all apps, for example
VMWare has some limitations when running against the Xvnc server.  The
other issue, is that I do have two monitors on my desk and I want to use
them both.  The two solutions presented allow me to use one monitor, but
I have the real estate and I am going to use it :-)

Thanks everyone,

Matthew