Re: OpenLDAP, PAM, and SSH

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 01:21, Keith Sharp wrote:

> I'll need to do some more reading as I'm not completely sure what this
> option does, or what it means about the PasswordAuthentication option.

Basically, it enables all of the authentication methods available in your PAM
setup.

Since the default PAM setup includes authentication via the passwd file the
PasswordAuthentication option went set to "no" is meaningless since it is
enable implicitly when you turn on PAM.

In the back of my head I seem to remember a way to turn off various
authentication methods for applications.  But, I can't coax the info
from my brain at the moment.

Ed