Re: name based virtual hosting, apache

Once upon a time at band camp Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:25 AM/PM, Iain Buchanan
wrote:
> Name based virtual hosting seems to be slightly different between redhat
> 8.0 (httpd-2.0.40-11.5) and redhat 9 (httpd-2.0.40-21.3).
>
> I'm trying to serve various domains, - the dns for each points to the
> one ip address.  The first one in my httpd.conf file is intended to be
> the default, as per the documentation, but it seems that all requests to
> any virtual hosts are served by the first one.
>
> Basically this is what I'm doing (with more virtual hosts, but the
> effect is the same with two)
>
> -------- from /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> #
> # VirtualHost example:
> # Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
> # The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
> # server name.
> #

what you need to do is put
NameVirtualHost 10.10.10.10

<virtualHost 10.10.10.10>

</Virtualhost>

from what i have experienced with virtual hosts is that you need to tell it
what ips to listen to  for some reason virtual hosting weather name based or
or ip based needs to know what ips to listen to

Dennis