Re: OT: Red Hat sues SCO - let's the party begin.

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 16:16, jdow wrote:
> From: "Brian Schmidt" <bts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Cliff Wells wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, I was referring to the financial page that jdow mentioned.
> >
> > Not for sure, but this page might be what she's looking at:
> > http://biz.yahoo.com/t/s/scox.html
>
> Not really. It is nice to have this obvious confirmation of the fact.
>
> These guys are going to need some SEC savvy lawyers before very much
> longer. The SEC frowns on the cynical use of the news media to form a
> money pump out of a stock. That appears what these fellows are trying
> to do even if they are "Automatic Sale" transactions.
------
seems to me that current administration is rather soft on white collar
crime but this is all moving way too far off topic

I appreciate what Red Hat is trying to do with their funding of this
initiative and it's implications go beyond the SCO suit

Craig