Re: OT: Red Hat sues SCO - let's the party begin.

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 18:16, jdow wrote:
> In what way did you not start it, Antonio? I brought up ancient history
> with a few minor well known facts about a conflict in South East Asia
> fought between and in a proxy nation between two giants. I noted the
> crude similarity between the giants IBM and Microsoft who are known to
> hate each other. I noted a crude similarity, in the only sense of being
> "proxies in the middle" between SCO and one of the South East Asian
> proxies and between Red Hat and the other. Then I made ONE SINGLE
> observation with no value judgements, the proxies are the entities that
> end up hurting in the end and that I hoped Red Hat was not similarly
> going to end up hurting in the end.
>
> I picked the conflict in question because it was recent enough that
> most people would know something about it. It was far enough in the
> past that 'refighting it' was pointless. Numerous other unfortunate
> wars between giants fought by proxies exist through history. I picked
> one close to hand to draw the analogy.
>
> You took this as an excuse to launch a political screed about nonsense
> not in discussion; and, I slapped you down for the insult. You made it
> political. I did not. You are a little too hair trigger when you see
> certain names. Your brain disengages and your emotions take over. This
> is not a good thing, sir.
>
> I reiterate, proxy entities in a fight between giants tend to get hurt
> badly. I hope this is not the case with Red Hat. Now where is the flame
> in that? It is merely an observation and a hope for the good of Red Hat.
> That latter you didn't even seem to extract from the original message.
>
> You are a disgrace to your teachers and your parents when you lose it
> this way.
>
> This is all I intend to say about this silliness. I would recommend
> that it be the last you say about it lest you earn a reputation.

I didn't start it, but I'm guilty of contributing.  One message only on the
list.

Then I got in a piss-fight with this cat off list which led to escalation of
the name calling and such, until I finally gave up and told him we'd "agree
to disagree" and leave it at that.

He says he's unsub'd.  So be it.

Joebewan

P.S.  I'm as guilty as anyone, and guiltier than most of the silliness which
occurred at round about the same time.  My sense of humor is the only thing
that keeps me going in the face of my myriad health and other problems.

Anyway, my appologies if I inconvenienced or offended anyone in any way.

Joebewan