Samsung ML-1710 Laser Printer Support

I thought I would ask this question regarding support in Shrike or Severn,
since I don't currently have it installed.

With having found the 1710 on sale for $99 after rebate over the weekend,
I went ahead and purchased one (but have yet to open it).  Anyone with
experience on this particular printer in either Shrike or Severn?

It's supposed to work with CUPS.  It also specified it works with Red Hat
on the box and website, yet does not specify which versions.  In the 5
years I've used Linux, I have yet to install a local printer for it (I
just don't print much) and feel like a newbie all over again!

TIA,
Brian

bts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx