Re: RH9 on a dual-processor?

Globe Trotter wrote:

actually, does that mean that if i am on the redhat network, i don't need to do
anything? typing up2date will be enough?

You could type "up2date", or click on the RHN icon, or have a cronjob run up2date at regular intervals -

If you run up2date manually, you will want to click in a few places where input is desired, but it's all very straightforward, as it sorts out all the dependencies and installs the optimal kernel. It also lets you mark certain packages as do not touch, for instance I have a much newer spamassassin than what redhat supplies, as well as fixed versions of openssh and rpm that I don't want overwritten. In any case, I find it to be well worth the price - I have 2 computers on RHN at present.

Joe