Re: dsl modem

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 16:13, Globe Trotter wrote:

> also, how does the actiontec 1520 compare -- qwest says that this is the
> only one that it supports that works with linux...

Key phrase here: qwest ... supports.

I refuse to purchase a dsl or cable modem simply because I know that support
will blame everything on "my" equipment.

Make sure that whatever you terminate the circuit with, be it modem, router,
or thingamagig, is supported by, and preferably owned by, the service
provider.

Just my opinion; based upon too many instances of dealing with moronic tech
support people who's primary job description is to buffalo the customer and
get them off the phone.

Joebewan