Re: New beta release notes

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 11:08:44 at 11:08:44AM -0400, William Hooper (whooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> >> I think it intersting that the hardware requirements for this release
> >> are somewhat lower than for RH 9. Any thoughts on this?
> >
> > Tighter code (fewer patches)?  Dropped apps or features?  Typo?  ;-)
> >
> > dmc
>
> More likely the result of the installer (anaconda) changes.  Red Hat
> itself can run on lower spec machines, but the installer drives the
> "minimum requirements" (see the RULE project).

Well, RULE indeed proved exactly that point. Thanks to Michael Fratoni
for slinky (8 MB of RAM) and the kdrive RPMs, see the RULE website.

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti
--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

[media giants] have no idea how to do business with resourceful human
beings rather than passive vegetables. So they run to [the] government
for protection."  -- Doc Searls on the SSSCA, in Linux Journal