Re: How to statically assign eth devices?

Tom.Ball@xxxxxxx (Tom Ball) writes:
> Anyway, for those with a similar problem, the hack that works for me is
> to run a small script before S22pcmcia which rmmod's the two drivers
> (they get re-installed by ifup).  I was just hoping someone knew of a
> more correct way to handle this problem.

I don't have my laptop with me but I think I got it working like this:

Under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, edit the corresponding ifcfg-eth?
files and add a field with the mac address of the card:
HWADDR=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

Now eth0/eth1/ethn are always bound to the right adapter.
--
Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer              E-Mail : mathieu@xxxxxxxxxxx
       Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately