Re: 25 'coolest' softwares not present in default RH install

> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Brian Ashe wrote:
>> On Thursday July 24, 2003 02:06, Christopher Wong wrote:

snip....

> But my question remains unanswered:
>
> "given this we-got-the-last-bug-this-time-honest line of reasoning, is it
> ever possible to conclude that sendmail is insecure?"
>
> For sendmail defenders, I suspect that the answer is "no", regardless of
> the real condition of sendmail.
>
> Chris

This is a ridiculous argument.  Deciding to use a package just because no
one has yet found a bug is a pretty shakey way of operating.  Are you
suggesting that since no exploit has been found...yet, in Postfix that
none will ever be found???  And if one is found, what will you do then?

Just look at the number of exploits found and fixed in the kernel.  Using
your logic I would guess that you are going to dump linux...right?

While there may be very good arguments for using/not using
sendmail/Postfix I don't consider we-got-the-last-bug-this-time-honest
line of reasoning to be worth consideration.

Gerry