Re: How to statically assign eth devices?

I think a modified version will work for you

If you have a wifi card that uses the orinoco_cs driver for instance, you can use
alias eth0 orinoco_cs or eth1 or whatever you want it to be

And use the same logic for your other nics

You only run into problems if you insert multiple nics that use the same driver
where you want different configs (for that you have to look into profiles).

For example, I also have an alias eth1 orinoco_cs in my /etc/modules.conf .. so if I
use ANY wifi card that uses the orinoco_cs driver, it will be eth1.  A second
matching wifi card would then be eth2 and so on (but realistically most users
wouldn't have more than two or three nics)