CD Copy with cdrdao and k3b -- please help?

Hello all:

It's CD recording again. I learned of the k3b package the other days on the
list and then, I downloaded and installed the package right away. It looks nice
to use; but I still have problems with it. Whenever I start it up, k3b keeps on
reporting "cdrdao does not support ATAPI reader device". I have on my system a
Yamaha CD writer and SONY CDROM drive. As I noticed, the Yamaha CD writer is
recognized as a SCSI device (perhaps, a result of the module ide-scsi); but the
SONY CDROM drive is not. And, when I used:

$ cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI

It found the SONY drive on 0,1,0.

I, actually, can use burn:/// in Nautilus to copy any data to a CD. But I
cannot copy a CD to another CD. I tried the GNOME-toaster and k3b but failed
(probably because of the SONY drive not being recognized/supported by cdrdao).

Any help please?

Regards,
Vidol