Re: RedHat 9.0 system fails with upgrades

I would suspect that you fave forced the install of some of these
packages that required dependencies that were unmet.

It would be wiser to update your system by running up2date, either from
the notification area or from the terminal, previously entering root
password.

To see what packages can be applied to your system, run up2date and let
it fetch the list of avaliable packages. You can then update manually,
but with the command "rpm -uvh <package name>", or better yet, install
package manager such as Ximian Red Carpet and let it take care of
dependencies.

The first choice would be, of course, up2date from the Internet. It has
never failed me, in three years.

--
Igor Nestorovic
University of Belgrade