Re: Best laptop for RH9 ?

Florin Andrei wrote:
> Anyone around here having bad experiences with Red Hat on Vaio?
> (or _good_ experiences, for that matter)

I have an older FXA-36 and RH works very well with it except the winmodem
doesn't work.  Also, battery life is really horrible.  Maybe Vaio's are the
worst laptop you can buy for battery life.  But it's a solid notebook if you
don't rely on the batter for more than 30 minutes.

Also, there is an project somewhere that makes viao kernel rpms with built
in ACPI.  This has improved battery life for some people but has cause wierd
X mouse problems for me.  So I'm back to the stock kernel.

If your in the market for a new laptop, you should really investigate how
well ACPI is supported on it.

-Eric Wood