Re: Spamassassin on Default Shrike install

On 18 Jul 2003, Thom Paine wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 15:08, Kent R. Frazier wrote:
> > Maybe I can help here. To just get it started, I put the following line
> > in the /etc/procmailrc file:
> >
> > INCLUDERC=/etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-defalut.rc
> >
> > I have since made whitelist and blacklist entrys to the
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file.
>

> > On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 13:27, Thom Paine wrote:
> > > Is there a quick install guide for getting spamassassin working on a
> > > default shrike install? My inbox fills up faster than ever, and I'd like
> > > to get spamassassin working with my sendmail.
> > >
> > > I installed the rpms from the cd's and am unsure where to turn for docs
> > > on it and where to start. I didn't see much on the spamassassin site to
> > > help, because I am using the redhat rpms for spamassasin.
>

> Heh, dumb question, but do I need to use procmail? I don't have a
> /etc/procmailrc file.
>
> Thanks.

If you want to use SpamAssassin, and don't have an email virusscanner into
which you can integrate SA, then you need to use Procmail.

Procmail is usually the default delivery agent, anyhow, for Sendmail and
Postfix, so you can just create /etc/procmailrc and go from there.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe