Re: Installing SAMBA

On Friday 18 July 2003 13:20, Price Technology wrote this in an attempt
to be witty and informative:
<snip>
> Fear not my son, for it is good.

But is it as good as Red-Carpet 2.x?

> Seriously, I've used it before and it works just fine.  Solved one of
> the biggest problems I had with installing stuff under previous
> versions; recursive dependancies I call it. ("packagea" depends on
> "packageb" which depends on "packagec" which in turn depends on "some
> elusive filename that I don't know where the hell it is" etc.)

That IS nice to know. Dependency resolution was my biggest complaint
from RedHat.

> I like to think of it as part of Red Hat's efforts to make Linux
> usable for "normal people".

Unfortunately a lot of people still view Linux as a novelty or toy OS.

> Carry on, and may the source be with you.

May the latency be low and the bandwidth high.