Re: 25 'coolest' softwares not present in default RH install

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Lucas Albers wrote:

> > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Martin Stricker wrote:
> >

> >> Well, I could rephrase that into "What does postfix give you that
> >> sendmail [replace with any other decent MTA] does not?" *grin* Different
> >
> > With sendmail you get to join the exploit of the month club. That was my
> > reason
> > for switching several years ago and I have never looked back.
> >
> I've switched almost all my machines from sendmail to postfix.
> I only run sendmail on our mail mail server, because it has the best spam
> filtering.

Nah!! Postfix + spamassassin + amavis-new is the best spam filtering combination
I know of. Spamassassin is much easier to setup to work with postfix than
sendmail.

> The next version of postfix supports 5xx error code rejection of spam or
> virus's.  The current version does not.

But if you have a high volume mail server you are likely to have problems.

> I onced looked for any listed exploits on postfix, via the changelogs, and
> vulnerability websites, and i could not find a SINGLE exploit.

To date nor could I.  Even Weitse says it is only a matter of time so do not
get too comfortable. ;)

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx