Re: 25 'coolest' softwares not present in default RH install

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Martin Stricker wrote:

> Well, I could rephrase that into "What does postfix give you that
> sendmail [replace with any other decent MTA] does not?" *grin* Different

With sendmail you get to join the exploit of the month club. That was my reason
for switching several years ago and I have never looked back.

> people like different software even though they all do basically the
> same thing. It's the *way they work* that matters, and different persons
> like different ways. And yes, I still use sendmail. I'm used to it, I
> tried other MTAs, but somehow sendmail fits my way best.

Different strokes for different folks. ;)

> At least for me, Linux and Open Source are about freedom and free
> choice. IMHO Linux distros should reflect that and ship a wide choice of
> software, as far as it's possible (I don't like non-open source
> pollution).

Agreed!!

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org