Re: [OT] xhost + a bad idea, was: 25 'coolest' softwares...

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 13:54:50 at 01:54:50PM -0500, Randy Perkins (randyperkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 13:02, M. Fioretti wrote:
>
> > Seriously: did I offend you, or anybody else?
>
> no not at all,
>
> it just made me think about the men that lost their jobs.
>
> i couldnt imagine coming close to retirement age,
> and having a pension and health care for the rest of my life,
> and my wife's life, and losing it over something like that.

I understand. I am sincerely sorry for these people, it was certainly
not my intention to make fun of them.

Just as you, I see, and can approve, why companies don't and can't
tolerate such behavior today. Sending immediately an only the pink
slip at the *first* violation, rather than a fine, official reprimand
or similar, sounds really terrible and stupid though. It makes me
seriously think that people who find a new job after being fired for
this would be thankful in the long run. Of course, those who wouldn't
would be in dire straits, this is is all really academic, and we are
really drifting off topic now...

       Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

It's always socially unacceptable to be right too soon. -- RAH