[OT] xhost + a bad idea, was: 25 'coolest' softwares...

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 08:53:22 at 08:53:22AM -0400, John Kodis (kodis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> xroach: to remind people that "xhost +" is a bad idea

When I started to work, in an all SunOS network, newcomers learned
without xroach, and much more quickly, that "xhost +" is a bad idea.

Overzealous, security conscious coworkers would teach us by "xv
_some_terribly_nasty_pinup_picture". Newbies would get the point
immediately, especially that majority to which, according to Murphy's
law, the lesson would happen by pure chance when the boss or a female
coworker would stand by their desk...

	 Ciao,
		Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think
about.
						B. L. Whorf