Re: 2.6.0 Testing...

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Tom Diehl wrote:

> > LVM is not part of 2.6; Device Mapper is replacing it.
> > We currently don't have the packaging of the replacement stuff working
> > unfortionatly.
>
> I am in the process of setting up a test box. As things that require
> external support such as the Device Mapper become operational for testing
> purposes would you be willing to announce them somewhere or do you intend
> to just put the stuff in rawhide?? I suspect this is light years from being
> ready for even rawhide but I could be wrong!!

I might have missed a footnote or something somewhere, but the last time I
investigated LVM2 tools, they were supposed to be command/option backward
compatible with LVM1 -- though admittedly this was way back around the
time device-mapper was first dropped into 2.5.  If so, this would seem to
make updating the rpm package a case of trivial fixups and a rebuild.
Anyone have any experiences with it?

-J <davis@xxxxxxxxxxx>