SOLVED: Wireless Woes

KBB0927@xxxxxx wrote:

Well the best cards are orinoco based.

Regards,

Keith B.

Glenn Cannon <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

KBB0927@xxxxxx wrote:

Update to the latest kernel from RedHat using up2date and your woes should
go away. Mind did with my Linksys v3.0 on my Compaq Armada M700 once I did
this.

Also, I got rid of my Linksys WAP11 2.2 access point and got a D-Link 800AP+ repeater (also functions as an access point) and now I get great reception of signal and only had the signal drop once. It is working
beautifully.

HTH. YMMV

Keith B.
glenn@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all,

Having just installed Shrike (my first linux OS install) on my gateway 9500, I
was happy to see that my Linksys WPC11 V3.0 wireless card had been detected, and
once I had input SSID, etc, seemed to work just fine.

However after a couple of minutes it stopped working.  After a little
expermintation, it seems the card will work for 2.5 minutes from the interface
being brought up, each and everytime I restart the interface.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, and what I could do to
resolve the problem?

Glenn.

Well, I finally got a chance to tether my laptop physically to the network once again.

I ran up2date, and now have the updated kernel.

Unfortunately I still have the same problem. Every 2-3 minutes, I need to take my eth1 down and back up in order to keep my wireless link running.

What do I have set wrong?

How do I fix it?

If I need a more Linux friendly wifi card, what is best?

TIA

Glenn.