RE: GeeXboX (linux multimedia)

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Daevid Vincent wrote:

> Wow. You know, I was sitting here thinking, I wish they sold turn-key
> versions!!!
>
> I think you'd have a great market. I own a tivo, and love it to death.
> My roomie just bought his own, and the upstairs roomie has replaytv.
>
> However, none of us have the time/patience to build a turnkey one right
> now...

There was a posting on /. sometime this week talking about this. The general
consensus seem to be that it ended up being more expensive to build one of
these yourself. It got me thinking about it also though. I wonder what it
would cost to build one if you had to buy all of the hardware.

IMO even if it was a little more expensive it would still be worth it to
not have people mucking with my hardware. If I wanna skip commercials then
I put software in to skip commercials. At least until it is illegal to
program your own hardware. :-(

--
......Tom		CLUELESSNESS: There Are No Stupid Questions, But
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	There Are LOTS of Inquisitive Idiots. :-)