Re: Neat & modem

On Friday 23 May 2003 11:07, Oeystein Olsen wrote:
> I've a strange problem. I've configured a modem on Toshiba laptop. The
> modem is a winmodem configured with the ltmodem packages. Every time the
> machine boots the complete configuration of the modem, including passwords,
> are printed to the console during the boot process. If I start up neat from
> a terminal-window the same happens. Is there any way to fix this?

I just wanted to add a few things. The machine is Toshiba Satellite s1700-400
and the modem is a winmodem. The drivers were downloaded from
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem.  I used redhat-config-network to add the modem.
The modem is a member of the Common profile. There are two other profiles
also. Yesterday I configured the modem on own laptop (Compaq Evo N1000v), and
now I actually think that this a problem. The driver for my winmodem were
downloaded from http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/

The information printed to the console when I run the the neat command and
during boot is:

['Modem ', ' /dev/ttySHSF0']
['Baud ', ' 57600']
['SetVolume ', ' 0']
['Dial Command ', ' ATDT']
['Init1 ', ' ATZ']
['FlowControl ', ' Hardware (CRTSCTS)']
['Username ', ' oeysteio']
['Password ', ' SECRET']
['Phone ', ' 22596790']
['Stupid Mode ', ' 1']
['Inherits ', ' Modem0']
['Modem ', ' /dev/ttySHSF0']
['Baud ', ' 57600']
['SetVolume ', ' 0']
['Dial Command ', ' ATDT']
['Init1 ', ' ATZ']
['FlowControl ', ' Hardware (CRTSCTS)']
['Username ', ' oeysteio']
['Password ', ' SECRET']
['Phone ', ' 22596790']
['Stupid Mode ', ' 1']
['Inherits ', ' Modem0']

I've replaced my password with SECRET. Maybe I skould report on bugzilla?

--
Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen@xxxxxxxxxxxx, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no