RE: Extra programs for Red Hat

I know that XP has support for some of these features out of the box, but
all other MS OSes don't.

> You assume that a Windows user would want to install an
> alphabet soup of
> stuff that the ABM world would want: OGG, DivX, Real, QT. But
> Microsoft
> provides its own counterparts to all of these out of the box. And
> Microsoft's "standards" are widely supported on many web
> sites. In many
> cases, it already works, and that's what counts.

Unfortuantely, there are a lot of sites that offer content in all these
formats (except OGG), so probably most of MS users who want an ability to
watch digital video/audio will have to download all these players/codecs
anyway.